The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office received a request through its Facebook Page from Citizen Donna Powers-Moore, asking if the Sheriff’s Office could accommodate those wishing to apply for CCW permits after normal working hours.
Sheriff John Cottle agreed and added an online payment option for citizens in order to receive after hours applications. However, the Sheriff’s Office can only accept first time CCW applications at this time.
As of now, the Sheriff’s Office will begin to accept applications every second Monday of the month from 6:00 to 10:00 PM starting in February. Applicants will need to bring a completed CCW Application, online receipt showing payment through www.Govpaynet.com in the amount of $100, a CCW course completion certificate, a copy of their Driver’s License.
Residents can fill out online and print the newest CCW application form here: http://lcsomo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/CCW-Application-Fillable-Form.pdf
Lincoln County residents must use the online payment option by following these simple steps:
- Log onto: www.Govpaynet.com
- Under “Enter your 4-digit Pay Location Code (PLC) #: Enter “8097” and click Continue
- Typing in your First and Last Name (Required Fields)
- Under “Reason for Payment” enter “CCW” and click continue (leave “Case #” blank)
- Verify your information and click “Continue”
- Add in your payment amount, click “Continue”
- Enter your payment and billing information and click “Continue.”
- Bring a copy of your paid receipt with your application.
Citizens with questions regarding this process can call the Sheriff’s Office at 636-528-8546.