EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS SUSPENDING RIDE-ALONGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Observer can ride four-times a year, for a maximum of four (4) hours, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. through midnight. The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to deny this opportunity to any individual. Any untruthful information provided is grounds for automatic denial. During the ride-along, everything you see and hear must be kept completely confidential. You may not discuss any names, addresses or specific incidents with anyone other than the deputies with whom you are assigned to ride with.
Waiver of Liability
Observers in Lincoln County Sheriff ’s Office, vehicles given the opportunity of observing police operations of the Lincoln County Sheriff ’s Office by being permitted to ride in a patrol vehicle, must agree to the following:
1. Rider recognizes and understands that riding along with deputies/police officers in a police vehicle is an inherently dangerous and hazardous activity, and may subject the rider to great bodily harm, including, but not limited to severe bodily injury and death.
2. Rider hereby releases, waives, holds harmless and indemnifies (in personal and professional capacities) the County of Lincoln, the Sheriff, all officials, deputies, employees, agents and volunteers from and against any and all claims for damages, suits, causes of action, and any and all other liability of whatsoever nature, including , but not limited to any such liability which may otherwise accrue in favor of rider’s heirs, dependents and assigns, arising out of or in connection with riders accompanying county deputies in a police vehicle.
3. Rider hereby warrants and represents that he/she is fluent in the English language; has read and fully understands this waiver; is at least 18 years of age; and is not currently under the influence of any medication, alcohol or otherwise subject to any mental condition which may impair his/her ability to understand the nature or meaning of this waiver.
4. The provisions of this waiver shall be severable. In the event any of the terms or provisions of this waiver are deemed to be void or otherwise unenforcable for any reason, the remainder of this waiver shall remain in full force and effect.
5. Further understand that no hospitalization, health or accident insurance is provided with the resignation and waiver.